Roadworthy Certificate

Roadworthy Certificates in Moorabbin

Need a Roadworthy Certificate (RWC) inspection done in a location that’s convenient and nearby for you? We are a licensed vehicle tester operating in Moorabbin, servicing Brighton, Chelteham, Highett, Hampton, Mentone and beyond.

Whether you are buying or selling a car, we can help you get a Roadworthy Certificate (RWC). We are experts in this area and make the process simple and easy for you!

To get the process started right now, call or or emails us and we will book you in straight away.

We are often asked questions about RWCs, including how much they cost and if you need one when buying or selling a car. We've listed the most common questions below to help guide you if you're not sure.

How much does an RWC cost in Victoria?

The cost for a Roadworthy Certificate will depend mostly on the condition of your car. If it's old and in need of repair, there may be crucial safety items like brakes, wipers, and light bulbs that need changing. These fixes will add to the cost, however, our team of trained experts can quickly get the parts you need and swap them over so that you get your Roadworthy issues quickly. For newer cars and those well-looked, they are likely to be much simpler to issue an RWC for given these consumables might be in safe working condition.

When you book with John Blair Automotive, we will do a comprehensive check of your vehicle and list any requirements needed to get a Roadworthy Certificate for your car. Our expert technicians will guide you through any potential fixes and we will give you a clear quote on cost expectations.

What does an RWC check for?

The Certificate of Roadworthiness inspection is a comprehensive assessment of a vehicle's essential components to ensure its safe use on the road. This inspection covers crucial aspects including wheels, tyres, steering, suspension, brakes, seats, seatbelts, lights, reflectors, windscreen, windows, wipers, vehicle structure, and other safety-related components on the body, chassis, and engine. This process aims to verify that these elements are in good enough condition to contribute to the overall safety of the vehicle while it is on the road.

Where can I get a Roadworthy Certificate?

A Roadworthy inspection can only be done at an authorised station in Victoria – you must make sure that whoever is completing the RWC has been approved to do so. John Blair Automotive has been in business since 1975 and is officially authorised to complete Roadworthy Certificates in Victoria.

Can I buy a car without a Roadworthy Certificate in Victoria?

You can buy a car without a Roadworthy Certificate and you can also sell a car without a RWC. However, it cannot be registered if it does not have a RWC. This means if you are buying a car without a RWC it will not be legal to keep registration plates on the car until it has a Roadworthy Certificate completed for you to take to Vicroads and register in your name.

How long is a Roadworthy Certificate valid in Victoria?

The validity of a Certificate of Roadworthiness spans 30 days from its issuance date. This period defines its "current" status, during which it can be used multiple times for activations such as vehicle registration or transfer.

How fast can I get a RWC?

John Blair Automotive ensures all customers are looked after as quickly as possible.

Our service department is open Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 5:00pm, and on Saturday by appointment. Give us a call on (03) 9510 8833 and we will give you a date that your car will be booked for its RWC.

Alternatively, contact us by filling in the form below. Please mention Roadworthy Certificate and the registration number of your car in the comment section and we will be in contact with you as soon!

Enquiry Form

John Blair AutomotiveCar Dealership in Moorabbin VIC. Copyright © 2024. All Rights Reserved.
Powered By Dealer Studio.